STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

live baiting is good!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigjohn
Nah, It's Just the Bottom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: live baiting is good! Reply with quote

Well gents, one week after buying the Creek Bank bait tank, I can tell you I like it!

Struck out on some night fishing Friday night, but two early morning trips in the last week have yielded a few fish. And really, there's nothing much more exciting than hearing that clicker go off!

I've just got to figure out a pattern once 8 am hits. I've found a spot where the stripers come in early in the morning-- I pick up three or four between 6:30-8:00 and then it shuts down.

Gonna try to catch bait tomorrow night and see if I can keep it alive until Wednesday morning so I don't have to spend so much time on bait-catching before fishing.

Thanks for all the advice and info here... this is really a great website.
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Uh oh guys Reply with quote

Sounds like he may be coming down with MSOCD. What do y'all think? Cool
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Screaming Reels
What a MONSTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: dont know what that means Reply with quote

I dont know what that means but I would think it would be something about being addicted to striper fishing, fishing, or SeeinStripes?
Screaming Reels
What a MONSTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: what lakes Reply with quote

Big John are you fishing lakes,offshore, or bay?
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: dont know what that means Reply with quote

Screaming Reels wrote:
I dont know what that means but I would think it would be something about being addicted to striper fishing, fishing, or SeeinStripes?

Might wanna try a Soup search to find out! Hone those discussion board skills! search it up and look for the oldest posts pertaining to it to find out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: You have it!!!! Reply with quote

Very Happy bigjohn it only gets worse. You will want to learn more, fish more, get more stuff to fish with, talk fish, and read and post on the this forum. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: ok here: Reply with quote

http://www.seeinstripes.com/stripersoup/viewtopic.php?t=1239&highlight=msocd
Screaming Reels
What a MONSTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good to see you made it to the Soup. The place of everything Striper 'holy.' You will develop an acute case of MSOCD, aka Morone Saxatilis Obsessive Compulsive Disorder if you spend too much time here. Fish ON!

just as I said crazier than hell about striper fishing Laughing
CravenStripes
I Got Him Now

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Yea to me Reply with quote

striper fishing with live bait is kinda like what I hear people talking about being addicted to crack. I know I spend a damn fortune chasing these fish and I only hope I live long enough like Ezel did and can retire in Tenn and chase monsters until I finally kill over or the take back man takes it all... Very Happy
fairweatherfisherman
SOUP GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Uh oh guys Reply with quote

SeeinStripes wrote:
Sounds like he may be coming down with MSOCD. What do y'all think? Cool

Live baiting for striper is kind of like sex, you don't just do it once and forget about it.
lake and stream
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon,

that is gonna be your summer pattern, when you hear us talk or type or what ever,about a summer pattern that is what we mean. that is gonna be the way to fish for the fish in your area this time of year.i have been fishing the same exact pattern for 2 months now, get to the lake at 5:30 fish till 8:30 then get off the water.go find bait or wash the boat. you can stay out all day and burn up gas,bait,time,voltage,skin and any relationships you might have but your prob. not gonna catch anymore fish then if you fish till 8-9 oclock and get off the water.

write this down and save it for next year,that way in march when you stop catching fish in your "spring pattern location" you will know where to go and when to start doing what you are doing now."

just a thought
DieHard
DAM I'M GOOD!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your Done, Addicted, it's over.

With some decent electronics, you should be able to follow those fish. Where ever these fish are, they are simply moving deeper as the sun comes up. I suspect they are on a main lake point. If so, they are simply dropping back into the main channel.

www.monsterstripes.com
Yaz
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruined!!! Get ready for a life of obsession. May God have pity on you! Very Happy

Yaz
bigjohn
Nah, It's Just the Bottom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: d'oh! Reply with quote

Yeah there's no doubt I'm getting addicted. I'm fishing Badin Lake here on the Yadkin in North Carolina.

I got my first taste of striper fishing catching them from the surf at the Outer Banks. My best day of fishing (EVER) was being on the beach, ALONE, and caught 9 stripers in about 45 minutes. The smallest was 19 lbs, biggest was 28. By the time others showed up, the school had moved on out. Throwing big gator spoons in the surf and catch big, tasty fish-- doesn't get much better.

I fish the south eastern coast of NC quite a bit, but this striper fishing is hard to beat.

I've wanted to catch fresh water stripers since I was a kid- I hooked (and lost) a monster of a striper (to me) when I was 12 years old fishing with my grandpa. So now it's payback time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Striper Soup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: