STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 Striper Soup Troup Group APRIL 18th weekend!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: 2009 Striper Soup Troup Group APRIL 18th weekend!!! Reply with quote

The date is set. Mark it on your calendars...if you have anniversaries, birthdays, weddings or funerals...cancel those mothers and get to Whites Creek on Watts Bar...our address is Mallard Duck Lane, Rockwood, TN 37854. Please let us know as soon as you know.
We will provide:
1. Firepit and firewood
2. Barbeque(s) bring your own charcol and igniter
3. Dock for about 8 boats (we have power and outlets)
4. Parking for 12 trucks and trailers
5. Camping area
6. Indoor sleeping for about 8
7. 10 kegs of beer*** THAT IS RIGHT, we will provide free of charge at no cost to you 10 kegs of beer...if our distributer can load the truck we might be able to get 15 kegs...but we are promising the 10 FREE kegs of beer, for your drinking pleasure.
There is a phone at the cabin...the number is 865-354-3069.

Get your reservation in NOW! The Chef will determine who stays where...in our cabin, tents or near by motel. Any democratic decision will be resolved by the Chef (he is more powerful than Hussein Obama).
***If you believe about the beer being provided by me you are not worthly of attending. I will provide all the good ole lake water you can drink. Yodashad (John Trembley)
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks!! Reply with quote

I'll take 1 inside bed, 1 truck & trailer parking space and 1 spot at your dock. 10 kegs, DAMN that's ALOT o'beer! We can get there starting when?!? The 15th or so!?!?

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadMike raises a great question. Soupers can arrive at our cabin at or after 2:00 pm ON thursday, April 16. There is a public ramp appx 2.5 miles from our cabin. Just for loading and unlaoding...if you leave truck/trailer it will probably be vandalized went you return. We can park vehicles on our property OR on the road near which is very safe.
MadMike has his spot reserved (as long as the Chef approves!)
I have heard it rumored that Pamela Anderson and Anjolina JoLee are considering spending the weekend, they do not want to fish, just sunbath on our dock. Shocked Twisted Evil We must vacate by 6:00 PM on Sunday, April 19th. When the time is right...google directions to the cabin. A steep gravel driveway...go slow...if it rains...we are going to rethink having trucks and trailers mucking up the front of the property. Also if any of you might be offended with Pamela and AnJolina sunbathing topless...register that complaint with the Chef.
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there. Put me in the cabin if there is enough room left. As for the boat thing, anyone need a deck swabber?
BudMan
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also take a spot inside if possible. Very Happy
BCFR #508
fairweatherfisherman
SOUP GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we end up with a surplus of boats, I'll be bringing my boat and will have room for two others to fish. I'd be interested to find out what motel or rental cabin accomodations are close by. I plan to head that direction Friday morning.
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more boats the merry. I will ask my son to research, UNLESS someone else can offer to do a survey? Cant believe with 15 kegs of beer , Pamela Anderson and Anjolina Jolee topless sunbathing we dont have more registrants Crying or Very sad
River Junkie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: I'm in Reply with quote

I will try to be there Friday evening. May fish all night or may sleep. I can bring a tent if I decide to camp, but I am tempted to beach the boat and throw out some cut-bait somewhere where big fish are and see what happens at some point during the night. Very Happy Then pull baits and/or downline all morning and then meet up for food and fun Saturday afternoon. Mark me down for a parking spot for truck & trailer please.
Rockfish
1 Can-Do
1 Can-Do

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall do my best to attend - I won't know 100% until after my new fishing buddy arrives so it wouldn't be right to "reserve" any of the amenities. I'm a camper so room for a tent is all I need unless Pro V wants to come and then we'll hit up a local hotel room. Sounds like a great time - me and Angie go way back so it'll be nice to catch up. Laughing
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: INDOOR ROOM REGULATIONS Reply with quote

Since the inside rooms are going to be limited, here is how that's going to work: Yoda, JFTvaulter, ME (and possibly my woman), CaptDamnIT so far. The rest of the cabin accomodations can be selected by SOUP Seniority. Sorry guys, it's nothing personal, just the way it has to be to be fair.

Here is the Seniority list I have come up with based on Time as a member, Quantity and Quality of participation, and other variables. These members need to respond as to whether or not they want a bed. By my count there are 4 beds left:

Ecox
Dirk
TNStriperCatcher (Don)
TimA
Tony Hughes
fairweatherfisherman
ShadNasty
Jamie Townsend
Jeff Blair

You guys that are on the above list MUST reply to claim your bed for the get together. The list is in SOUP All-Star seniority order, so if any of the top 4 don't want their bed, or cannot make the event, we will go down the list.

I also need ideas for a competition or two. Cast netting will of course be an event. (I think Don has last year's cast netting venue). A bait flipping contest? We can pitch a large simulated 3/4 lb "shad" into a pool of water, judging will be on accuracy and slpash....We never had the knot tying competition last year. We might try to bring that back this year, depends on how we feel. Might do a leader-tie (3 knots).
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chef,
What about suntan lotioning up Pamela and Anjolina Jolee? I would think that an exciting contest?
Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Planning on comming and camping is fine with me. Maybe boat or boatless not sure yet...

MAD STRIPER FISHING
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also catch bait, oil reels, sharpen hooks, foot and back massages...

I can bring a boat if needed, but I haven't fished Tennessee waters before. It would be jam up if I could tag along with someone who has, and can render my services useful. Shocked

FWF, if you need someone to clean the scales, guts and eyeballs off your deck, I also do that as well...with my teeth!

I don't sleep either, so the cabin thing is really not a big deal.
BudMan
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a tent not a biggie. Good Times...WOOOT!!! Very Happy
BCFR #508
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BudMan wrote:
I have a tent not a biggie. Good Times...WOOOT!!! Very Happy

I will stand guard at your tent. rambo We're gonna have some gay weights flopping around.
fairweatherfisherman
SOUP GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIFFYA wrote:

I can bring a boat if needed, but I haven't fished Tennessee waters before. It would be jam up if I could tag along with someone who has, and can render my services useful. Shocked

FWF, if you need someone to clean the scales, guts and eyeballs off your deck, I also do that as well...with my teeth!

You are welcome to fish with me anytime. I think there will be plenty of boats. As the time gets closer, we can get a head count/boat count to make sure no one who wants to fish gets left out. When everyones plans solidify, we should also see if there are any opportunities to car pool.
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I do plan on being at the gathering most of the weekend and would like to stay in the camp. I will offer 3 seats available in my boat for the Chef to choose. There are some others from E. Tenn. more local than the Ga. Soup that I know are planning to be there that likely will have seats available also. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy By the way my wife said I could volunteer to share a bed with Pamela and/or Anjolina only. Surprised Cool
Why Am I Addicted to This Board?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ecox"]Very Happy I will offer 3 seats available in my boat for the Chef to choose. )/quote]

Chef, choose me. Laughing I plan to attend.
Jerry
Jamie Townsend
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my anniversary that weekend. I want be able to make it. I hope ya'll catch some monsters.
Jeff Blair
Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the OK from the wife to go. Very Happy Thanks for the offer on the cabin but I am fine in a tent for the weekend. I can bring my boat or fish with someone else.
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fairweatherfisherman wrote:
SKIFFYA wrote:

You are welcome to fish with me anytime. I think there will be plenty of boats. As the time gets closer, we can get a head count/boat count to make sure no one who wants to fish gets left out. When everyones plans solidify, we should also see if there are any opportunities to car pool.

Thanks man. Very Happy I agree that, it is a bit too early for any concrete decisions.
dsteffe
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecox wrote:
Very Happy There are some others from E. Tenn. more local than the Ga. Soup that I know are planning to be there that likely will have seats available also. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Surprised Cool

I will be bring a boat, with a seat open, maybe 2 if friend cancels. As for sleeping, the back of my truck has carpet and a night light Razz , i'm good to go.. I was at Watts Bar last thursday in the thief island and White's creek area. A few birds, very little bait and no fish found. Did see a few little ash slicks, but not bad. The winter fish can be SLOW Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
tmckenzie
Holding My Own

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to attend will not have a boat but I have a place to stay. If I can't catch a ride with someone I will just hang out meet and greet.
BudMan
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not planning on bringing the boat hopefully i can hitch a ride with someone.WOOOT Shocked Also i think the Georgia boys oughta come up with some kinda car pool plan lol...Just my thoughts!! Shocked
BCFR #508
tmckenzie
Holding My Own

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you come through Atlanta we could hook up somewhere on I75. When the time nears give me a call 4044297164.
tmckenzie
Holding My Own

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should have a lie tellin competition,see who can tell the biggest with the best delivery.
Screaming Reels
What a MONSTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Stock and I are in Reply with quote

Stock and I are in! Please let me know. I will bring a tent like the last one and sleep in it. I just need some power to charge the boat. Let me know if you guys can make that happen.
Screaming Reels
What a MONSTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Lanier Reply with quote

And if some of you Lanier Fishermen want to consolidate and fish out of one boat let me know. Maybe 3-4 for the boat? PM if you are interested or give me a call 404-313-5556
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Pretty sad of us. We would hope to set the world record for the number of insane striper fishermen at one place. We have offered our lake house, dock, free beer (up to 15 kegs), Pamela Anderson, Anjolina Jolee AND firewood, firepit, charcol grills, power at the dock. What do you noncommitting guys and girls want? OK we guarantee striper will be caught. (Ezell will be here) The Chef might throw in a free how to act crazy while sitting on the top of an RV going 50 mph down the road lesson? This is getting so much excitement and action, I may not show up...insteadd go to a home for blue hairs and play solitaire.
DAM I'M GOOD!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on coming down for the day so no need for accommodations. Looking forward to it.

www.monsterstripes.com
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DieHard wrote:
I am planning on coming down for the day so no need for accommodations. Looking forward to it.

Ok, so that gives Tony H his choice of a bed...Tony?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RocnRebel
Fish On

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Other Cabins Reply with quote

I am planning on being there. I'll probably have a boat full (son-in-law and maybe one of his buddies) and seeing how I'm pretty far down on the cabin bed list I'm more interested in other places to stay. I think White's Creek Marina has already been mentioned. Any other suggestions?

If Pam and Angelina would like to put thier chairs on the front my boat I'll leave the son-in-law on the bank to cut bait, oil my reels and sharpen my hooks.
Shadnasty
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will drive down for the day. Let me know if I can bring anything or help set up days in advance I should be available. Laughing
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Todd, we'll be in touch.

Here is a link to the available lodging for the Soup Troup Group....
http://hotels.nashville.net/hotel/hotels/us-tn-harriman.html

The hotels are about 15 miles from the get-together by land, but you can put in in Kingston and run down the lake to White's Creek as well. It would be a pretty good run on the water.
DieHard
DAM I'M GOOD!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can put in at Kingston right now due to the spill but I have heard the ramp at the City park is open.

www.monsterstripes.com
Got Gizzards?
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself and gbfishing will be heading up Friday morning...
Red over White
DAM I'M GOOD!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on making the gathering this year, even though there is a Tx on the date again this year, Dam it. It would be nice to finally meet some more soupers. Haven't shored up a full crew yet, so I might have an open seat. Who's in charge of booking the strippers? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yaz
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: What I want to know is....... Reply with quote

Are the Mighty Dirk, and Capt. Dammit going to Sumo Wrassle like we talked about after the last Soup troupe gathering?????? Shocked Laughing
Mikemad
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Anything is possible Reply with quote

Specially if there is 5 kegs of beer there!

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com
Reality_Bites
Well Get the Boga Grip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: This is going to be fun... Reply with quote

I'll be there. Will be great to see my old N. Ga buddies and meet some new soup troup buddies. Can I be in charge of the fire pit? Don't know yet if I will bring a boat. I'd probably prefer to jump on board with someone else if possible...Hoping to fish 2 or 3 days if i can....

"I've spent 85% of my lifes wages on fishing, the rest I just wasted..."
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep you are in charge of the fire pit. Make sure no drunken Soupers fall in and burn. Not that I would be upset...it is just that awfull smell of buring bodies that I dont care for. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: I'm in Reply with quote

I will be there. Shawn, you know what I can bring in terms of food, just let me know
BDavis
Well Get the Boga Grip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta fish in a saturday morning musky tournament but I will head down that way when its over.
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: COOL DEAL Reply with quote

That's cool Erik, As we get closer, I'm going to come up with a loose itinerary like last year. Everything will be optional except for the Saturday afternoon grill-out and socialize which EVERYBODY must attend for about 2 hours. I want all 650+ members there! I am planning on bringing a load of deerburger which should make us all pretty gassy. If you want to bring your special 'late nite treat' that we had last year, that will be perfect. I think we are going to have more people there this year, so bring a few extra bones, Erik Wink Wink Wink .

I'll be arriving late Thursday, provided this is okay with the gracious host with the most, Yodashad. So if the Troups want to start showing up Friday and staking claims on tent territory or just hanging out, that will be great. I will be bringing my craft and will have a seat or two open. I think there will be plenty of rides as there were last year.
Reality_Bites
Well Get the Boga Grip

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Thanks Yoda... Reply with quote

My debacles with fire are well known in North Georgia Striper Club lore....lol So thankful you believe in 4th and 5th chances....The fire pit is several feet from decks and dwellings right? I love the inviting way fire speaks to you and makes you stare with wild eyed imagination....Don't ya'll? Some things ignite so much more quickly and violently than wood...I'll show ya....lol

"I've spent 85% of my lifes wages on fishing, the rest I just wasted..."
Deer Tic
Get the Net

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like to much fun to miss! I'm going to work on attending and if I do, I can help you out with the deer burger Chef. If I find time to drive down to Turner Co. I might also be able to bring some fresh link sausage.
We had a end of the season Doe thinning and just had a bunch made at Carroll's Sausage Co. down there in Jalapeno Cheddar. Talk about GASSY! Laughing
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good, we can pan fry some of that sausage in the morning(s).
gsxraddict
Now What?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a drinking trip or a fishing trip?

10 kegs of beer is a good start to either one Laughing
Mikemad
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Slight change in plans Reply with quote

I am still coming, but don't want to mess with bringing the boat, so my trailer parking and dock space is up for grabs. I'll be getting up there on Friday.

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsxraddict wrote:
Is it a drinking trip or a fishing trip?

10 kegs of beer is a good start to either one Laughing

Dammit man, nothing out of you since September and the beer kegs are what make you pipe up! Do you get to fish anymore? You used to be a pretty good asset to the soup. Are you saying you are coming? We need to start getting some idea of how many folks are going to show up...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> SSTG Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: