STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone on Watts Bar?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgv
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Anyone on Watts Bar? Reply with quote

Has anyone fished on Watts Bar in the last couple of weeks? And if so, what can you share?
Jerry
Why Am I Addicted to This Board?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh Oh. Very Happy
Brett Wendel
MANGO MAN

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's coming. Chef already quizzed him on his first post about the get together.
Team Castaway Baits
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Who was that? Reply with quote

Very Happy Did I hear someone ask a question Question Who is that Question Twisted Evil
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: What's your "20"? Reply with quote

Location, Location, Location.
3 very important items on any Souper's profile.
LMJ
Rolling Eyes
Yaz
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked everybody.......TAAAAAKE COVERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
lake and stream
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so ,this should go well. Rolling Eyes
BudMan
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RUH ROH Shaggy,,,Chime in anytime Little Chef!!! Very Happy
BCFR #508
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Allow me.... Reply with quote

Quote:
Crappie? Crappie? What is this fish of which you speak. If the crappie are spawning that will be great...all the dern spider riggers will be beating the banks and leave the deep water alone! Good news. Watts Bar is an ENORMOUS body of water and there's plenty of fish and plenty of room for everybody. Water elevation is of no concern on Watts Bar, it pretty much stays the same within 4 or 5 feet all year. Not like your Norris, Douglas, Cherokee 50' drop. Hope to see another souper out there. rgv, who are you?

The 'Soup is a two-way forum. If you don't put in your TEENCY share that I ask of ALL members, do not expect any love back. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but this may not be the right forum for you, rgv.
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Yaz
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Is that it???.......... Reply with quote

Chef must be gettin' soft, and kind hearted in his old age!! Wink Laughing
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: surprise Reply with quote

Very Happy That just goes to show that the Chef is full of surprises. Twisted Evil We all were expecting fire and brimstone Twisted Evil Laughing
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out a whole lot better than i expected. The Chef "Sugar Coating"...???What is the world coming too??? Shocked Rolling Eyes
BCFR #508
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cabin on Watts Bar and my son and I fish there alll the time. I can tell you that the water seemed pretty wet this weekend. There was some wind and chop. Our dog enjoed the ride from Kville to the put in. I believe there were some fish between Theifs Neck Island and Sand Island. It would be best to fish in the lake NOT the land or trees. Hope that helps! We are having a striper festival at our place the weekend of April 18th. If you want to come, let me know....I will put it to the Chef as to where you will be sleeping. (Maybe with the fishes?)
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can get him a nice concrete sleeping bag! Definitely NOT striper soup material, this guy. This is a whole lotta trash talkin to recover from! And I would agree, there's good amounts of big striper from Ft Loudon and Melton Hill down to Chickmauga, but watch out for all the renegade crappie fishermen!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rgv
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I posted in late Jan. I have been out of the state without internet access. When I logged in a few days ago I started to fill out the Profile but the second section had terms like -ICQ#,AIMAddress,MSN Messenger and that kind of crap. I wrote them down and was going to figure them out in a day or two and I thought, Hey, I'm probably going to fish Watts Bar for the next few days. Maybe I can get a little help. What I got was a ration of pile-on playground shit like a bunch of 15 year old prep school valley girls.
It doesn't becone you.I have fished Watts Bar for over 40 years. I may have a little to offer.I'll fill out the form whe Laughing Laughing Laughing n I figure out the terms.
LittleMiamiJeff
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: rgv Reply with quote

(I thought, Hey, I'm probably going to fish Watts Bar for the next few days. Maybe I can get a little help. What I got was a ration of pile-on playground shit like a bunch of 15 year old prep school valley girls. )

That's classic, you'll prolly catch some more crap, but I think you'll fit in just fine, it's common to see newbies get the torch if they just jump in and ask for info, it does help to search the already posted reports and lake/dam/river specific threads before just asking as a new guy/gal.

But, 40 years, that's a lot of Watts Bar experience, tell us what YOU know.
LMJ
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the crappie are starting to move up! And I'm pretty sure that 40 years ago there were no striper in Watts Bar.

And to asnwer this question: "Has anyone fished on Watts Bar in the last couple of weeks? And if so, what can you share?"

What are you wanting to do? Catch one big one? A bunch of little ones? Gather as much as info as you can and make the call yourself. The Stripers' habits on WB haven't changed in decades, I'm sure. If you kept a journal (mental or on paper) of your 40 years of experience, you should have some clue rather than coming on here seemingly clueLESS.

TOTALLY DUDE! OH MY GAWD. LIKE SOOO KOOOL.

So lemme ask rgv, was it too hard to figure out what "location" meant on the profile? Cause you still haven't figure that out yet... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't figured out what "becone" means either. If you are gonna cut someone down, spell the important parts right at least! WOOOH. Somebody stop me! Very Happy
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: You are on a roll Chef Reply with quote

Very Happy You must be to blame Chef because we all knew it was coming and you let us get called a "bunch of 15 year old prep school valley girls." Embarassed Razz Laughing
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ezell.
Enough of this stimulating conversation.I have filled out as much of the profile as I can understand.
I live in Knoxville and also on Watts Bar below Whites Creek. I have fished Watts Bar for 40 years and for stripers since they were introduced. I am not locked into big fish but ,of course, that is my preference. 15 or 20 at 3 or 4 pounds on ultralite in cold waters is still fun. I have been fishing seriously and almost exclusively for stripers for the last 2 or 3 years. There are spots and conditions in the spring and fall wrere I can predict whats going on, but in the cold of the winter or the peak of summer, on Watts Bar, I am clueless. Below the dam right now it if as dead as I have ever seen. There is a huge threadfin die-off and more gulls than I have ever seen. You can't buy a fish of any kind within 5 or 6 miles of the dam.
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Thanks rgv, you're cool now! Reply with quote

You ever try jigging minnows for sauger along the wing wall? Bet you can buy them....

I have caught striper below the dam this time of year, couple of months before the crowds show up. The fish should be in their usual patterns on the main lake. Look around Thiefneck on the N side big flat across the channel. They will stack up over there. Tons of bait usually. Catch it and USE it, even if it's tiny. Do like you're saying and use the 6 lb test. The big fish are coming on small bait right now.

Anybody else got any WB info?
LittleMiamiJeff
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Thanks, Chef...... Reply with quote

I do now! Wink
LMJ
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Now that we got that over Reply with quote

Very Happy rgv I'm glad you made the cut. Anyone that can roll with the punches like you did and stay civil has to be a good guy. I do feel the Soup will be a good place to take and give for you. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy LMJ you are a choice cut also Exclamation
DAM I'M GOOD!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the Chef's back and stirring the pot!

www.monsterstripes.com
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: rgv Reply with quote

Very Happy Did I talk to you on the phone this week about a bunch of gulls below a dam? Will DieHard, other striper fishermen and I see you Feb. 16th? Question Welcome anyway if this suspicion is right or wrong Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Report Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: