STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2009 Striper Soup Troup Group APRIL 18th weekend!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: The YODASHAD is gettin it ready Reply with quote

Ok for anyone planning on attending the 2009 Striper Festival at our place on Watts Bar lake HEAR THIS:
1. If you will be staying in our cabin...the CHEF will decide who,(Chef..with you, Jeff and me...leaves room for 4-5 more MAX)
2. There is a great full service marina with restaurant very close to us, Arrowhead Marina..their # is 423-365-6484. Rob and Luanne Bennett own and operate. We can eat great food, buy gas and some supplies, etc. If you are shopping a place to park your truck and trailer, AND want to rent a cabin or room, this is the recommended place. Luanne to me today that if you book with them AND mention you are with the Striper Festival group, she will discount the rooms. She has 2 two bedroom and 3 one bedroom. (even the 1 bedroom have 2 beds. SO...the cost will be $30 per person per night. Arrowhead is about 1 mile across the lake from our place. Very nice folks!!!
3. For all the BEER HOUNDS...our distributer called and they can not deliver the free 10-15 kegs of beer. Sorry. But instead, I am pretty sure we will have Pamela ANderson and Anjoina Jolee dealing blackjack topless for us? If so an ok consolation for no free beer?
4. Remember to bring all your own stuff..towels, food, beverage, cash for meals if eating out, pictures of your dog, etc. We will be providing our dock, firepit with wood to burn, power at our dock, I will have some charchol, but iif we are cooking anything out..will need for two or three guys to also bring a bag or two of charchol. We have one or two grills already on site..if anyone want a smoker or large grill..bring it on!!! Dont forget to bring ice, paper plates, cups, silver or plastic ware...We can restock ice at Arrowhead marine.
5. If you need a good place to leave truck and trailer IF YOU ARE STAYING with us at the cabin OR plan to camp on an island, try Lakeside Marina off HWY 27s. it is about halfwaay between Rockwood and Spring City. Good ramp and fairly secure for vehices. DO NOT USE a public ramp and leave truck and trailer!!! If you put in at Lakeside, we are about 1.5 miles away..we will have a visible marker on our property or just look for the covered dock with a Searay ski boat up on the lift with a bunch of dirty, nassty striper boats moored.
Remember the number at our cabin is 865-354-3069 and my cell phone is 865-567-9060 YODASHAD and my sone cell is 865-384-0419 JFTVAULTER.
Cell phone coverage is not great so you may just have to use your ninja skills to find us. The address of the preperty is Mallard Duck Lane, Rockwood, TN 37854. If you will be staying at our cabin overnight then you should put in your boat BEFORE you return and come down our steep and narrow driveway.
Get the Net

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chef, Should we combine the 2 sticky's some how? Look's like it may get confusing. Or, everyone that is coming needs to follow the food idea sticky. The cooking arrangements and food are real close to being squared away.
Yoda, have you been out of the country? Razz Laughing Laughing
Is that marina 1 mile across the lake by boat, car or both? Being non-boaters, I don't think we can swim that far! But I may be interested in a 1 bdrm. Laughing
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring a couple bags of charcoal as well...it's the least I can do.
Deer Tic
Get the Net

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me make it clear so know one waste their time. We don't need charcoal for Bubba! He like's gas! Laughing However, if you have a piece of ur favorite smoking wood, that might come in handy. Also, I need to place the order by Monday to have the crawfish in by Friday. I'm thinking atleast 1 sack, maybe 2 depending on the # of attendee's.

SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod, it's your fault the other sticky got started! No way to combine topics. It's okay, we can keep up with it. If all else fails, we'll play it by ear. I think there is going to be plenty of everything for everyone, except maybe hats and shirts.

I know very few people have ordered shirts already, so I will be there with them. Last year's 2008 "ready for battle" striper shirt will be discounted a little for those who want another unique striper tee shirt.

I will be up there on Thurs night, staying at least through Sunday, maybe Monday.
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Shirts and yardwork Reply with quote

Chef, you gotta know that I will want one or two of the t-shirts. Jeff will bring cash for shirts and poker. He is goin out to the lake house (Tuesday and stain till others arrive to help him) to do some yard work ,clean-up, tree cutting, leaf rakin, womanizing, whiskey drinkin and excited about a "mountain man party"??? When you have some sense of how many people be comin let YODASHAD know, please.
Who is bringing the 46" LP HD-TV with BlueRay for movies??? Remember guys...I will cover the cost and delivery of UP TO 15 kegs of beer...after that you will be on your own...."up to" means 0-15 FREE KEGS of BEER. Today we spoke with RVP or RVG or RPG who lives on Watts Bar and has been scouting...seems like a right hospitable and neighborly fella. Who is gonna bring the marshmellows? Today I ordered a cord of firewod,,,plenty for the firepit. Check in fellas with the CHEF so we can become semi-almost-kinda organised.
Get the Net

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: Just place the order for 1 sack of crawfish. They are supposed to be running about 35 lbs. a sack.
Jftvaulter
Why Am I Addicted to This Board?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Directions, Reminders, Maps!!! Reply with quote

The time is short... I'm heading out to the lake house to get a few things squared away. I just wanted to post a few things before everyone leaves for Watts Bar Lake:

If you're bringing a boat and trailer, the closest marina and boat ram is located on WHITES CREEK ROAD right off of Hwy 27. Once you're on Whites Creek Road, you can't miss the little marina with the boat ramp. It's not far from hwy 27. FROM THAT POINT, you will head out of the cove and stay right into the whites creek section of watts bar. Our dock is around the bend on the left. We have a green roof on our dock, a sea ray boat up on a lift, a green roof on our house and if you'll likely see Chef's boat or the river pro because he's coming thursday.

Our road (Eagle Furnace) is just north so if you're planning to keep your boat in the water at the house, it might be best to launch your boat first then have a buddy drive your truck and trailer to the property. Our house has no place to launch a boat so if you drive there first, you're going to have to turn right around to launch the boat. Be careful! The curves are sharp so drive slowly!!!

The lake house # is 865-354-3069 just in case you need to call for any reason. My cell number (which only works near the water) is 865-384-0419.

Remember to bring your own:
Towels
Toiletries
Food
Paper plates

We'll provide:
Fire for the pit
Trash cans
Place to dock boat
Firepit and fire wood
House
Lake

Again, off Hwy 27, take

Eagle Furnace
Turn Right onto Eagle Point
Turn Right onto Mallard Duck
House is at the end of Mallard Duck, middle driveway.
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody have a safe to to Hawg Heaven!!! It's killing me not to be able to attend and meet some more Soupers.

Ezell,

Your in charge of keeping the likes of D.D. and M.M. out of trouble!!! Very Happy

Yaz
Dirk
River Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: One more Reply with quote

My fishin buddy Robert Smith (AKA Smith II) will be coming with me and now his Dad (Robert Smith SR) is going to come as well. We will be camping Friday night at YodaShad's place. If there is an inside bed available still I am sure Mr. Smith SR would be glad to have it. Right now I have a full boat for Friday and about full Saturday (5 Friday and 4 Saturday). If someone cannot get on a boat Saturday before the gathering, they can squeeze in with us as I can seat 5 fairly comfortably in my Center Console. I am getting "Stoked" for this and as well as the fellowship, I think some serious Piggies will be caught in the next few days (mainly by me of course... Very Happy ) . Tight Lines. Dirk
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Yaz you sure have give me a tall order Exclamation I will try but who is in charge of all the others Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by ecox on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Dirk
River Junkie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Sumo Style Reply with quote

I tried to find a Sumo wrestling outfit but I guess I will just have to settle for wearing one of my wife's red thongs... Very Happy Not sure what Mike is going to wear for our contest, but should be amusing... Shocked

Those of you bringing your girlfriends, you might want to reconsider. If not don't be mad at me and Mike when your women ditz you and start hitting on us big sexy guys... Rolling Eyes
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was plannin on bringin mine, but told her this wasn't the time or place for the female mentality. WE BE gonna THROW DOWN!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mikemad
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: I forgot my thong! Reply with quote

So ya'll are going to have to get me liquored up and I'll wrassle NAKED. Put that on your YOU TUBE!

If we going to be THROWIN' DOWN, who's bringing the TUNES?

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com
Yaz
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecox wrote:
Very Happy Yaz you sure have give me a tall order Exclamation I will try but who is in charge of all the others Laughing Laughing Laughing

You make a good point Ez! Very Happy If I could be there....I'd help ya!! At least take your video camera for the wrasslin' match, so I won't miss that!! Laughing

Yaz
keith shannon
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also camping in YodsShad's yard Friday and Saturday night. I'll have an open seat on my boat for anyone interested.

Where are you guys planning on fishing, the main body of the lake or up to Louduon/Melton hills dams or down to WB dam? I've been fishing Ft. Loudoun Dam a bit lately and while I've not caught many stripers, they have been from 10-35 pounds.
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith shannon wrote:
I've been fishing Ft. Loudoun Dam a bit lately and while I've not caught many stripers, they have been from 10-35 pounds.

I don't believe you.
driftaway
Well Get the Boga Grip

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang I wished I could come. Sounds like alot of fun.
keith shannon
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chef,

I'm as surprised as you are. I've never caught a fish better than the high teens below Ft. Loudoun. I lost the biggest I've ever seen (I guess 35 ish) next to the boat on Sunday. I don't have access to my email right now (filters at work) but tonight I'll send you a picture of a 30 my buddy Casey caught Tuesday. Like I said, we are not catching many fish but the size of a couple has been a nice surprise.
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Keith Reply with quote

I'm just giving people a hard time when they post about catching fish but haven't made any reports.... Confused

I have popped 30 a few times below Loudon (one time on a lure, it was my biggest striper at the time at 30 lb 7 oz) in the boils and know people who have hit the 40 mark. Big fish swim in Watts Bar, make NO mistake.
keith shannon
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilty as charged... I will put the report were it belongs, in the report section.
gsxraddict
Now What?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now it looks like im not coming. Really pissed off right about now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> SSTG Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: