STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smith Mountain Lake VA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weekend-hooker
Fish On

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Smith Mountain Lake VA Reply with quote

Anyone fish SM lake.....Im bouncing the idea of heading up this weekend or next with a tank of bait...I found some reports elsewhere but wondered if anyone here fish's there..
Rolling Eyes later
Russ Gobble
I Got Him Now

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fished there lots several years ago, November is a good month, We always fished out of Indian River and fished up river about 5 to 10 miles lots of main lake points and mouths of most major feeder creeks, There are about 15 boats form NC goin up there Nov 7th to fish and just have a good time.
EarlyRiser
5 Can-Dos
5 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SML is my home lake. The fishing is just starting to get good now. The next two months should be great. Believe it or not, theres still some fish really deep..like 60ft deep. That should change in the next couple weeks. But there's some fish shallow too and they're coming up early and late. There's been a ton of peanut shad in the lake this year and they're making the fishing a little tougher as the stripers have an easy meal. The fish are beginning to run up the rivers now though. I don't fish the Blackwater side much, but on the Roanoke side, there should be fish from around Indian to Hardy. Although, there were a bunch of fish just south of Indian this past week. I went out the other afternoon and caught some decent fish up to 16lbs. Planers with a little weight were the ticket.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Report Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: