STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2010 Striper Soup Troup Group
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsteffe
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Oysters Reply with quote

My plans are to join you all on Thursday/Friday/Friday nite. I have a conflict on Saturday mid day Sad I will bring a case of the slurpers and the fixen's for shooting them. (I heard ya Yoda & dearTic). If anybody has shucking knieves, bring them. I also may bring a Mason jar or 2 if there is any interest Question Question The corn hole aim and smack talk was enhanced last year with a little of that smoooth corn liquid Cool Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
Deer Tic
Get the Net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Oysters Reply with quote

dsteffe wrote:
My plans are to join you all on Thursday/Friday/Friday nite. I have a conflict on Saturday mid day Sad I will bring a case of the slurpers and the fixen's for shooting them. (I heard ya Yoda & dearTic). If anybody has shucking knieves, bring them. I also may bring a Mason jar or 2 if there is any interest Question Question The corn hole aim and smack talk was enhanced last year with a little of that smoooth corn liquid Cool Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

You da man! Smack Talk was enhanced for sure! Aim, not so sure! Shocked Razz I'd love to come up sometime Thurs., but need to see if my homey Glen can get off. You can start catching me some bait as my tank will be empty and my net skills suck like a Oyster Shooter! Razz Laughing
Not that those oysters really suck! Laughing
keith shannon
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chef,

Do you have room on the smoker for a few racks of spare ribs? If so I'll bring some.

I'll also bring some home made salsas, chips and a cooler full of ice cold PBR.
Jftvaulter
Why Am I Addicted to This Board?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith,

Just make sure you don't puncture the Radial Artery in your hand... anything else you do for the Soup Weekend is just a bonus Wink

I have recovered about 7 thousand songs off my old computer this week. I'm putting together a mix of songs for the evening hours of Cornhole, campfire stories, and white lightning.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bring a Honey Baked ham and rolls on Thursday or Friday for snacks.
keith shannon
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFT,

Funny thing is, it didn't hurt. I'm still bruised from my knuckles down past my wrist. After 35 years of fishing, it was my first ER trip. Hopefully it will be another 35...
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Keith, Jerry, T-shirts Reply with quote

Racks of Ribs are allowed at the SSTG. I checked with yodashad and we got clearance for that. My grill isn't huge, but we'll do our best, dammit. Maybe we can cook that stuff up on Friday.

HBH sounds delicious for snacking on, maybe some Striper Soup Hors de oveurs (or something like that???) with crackers and cheese!

I got the shirts in from srmz and I gotta tell you guys, these are definitely the best Striper Soup, and possibly some of the best FISHING shirts ever created! Hope we can get some more orders so I can tell him to make me another batch!
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
srmz
Holding My Own

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chef! Glad you liked the shirts. Hope everyone else does too! I wish I could attend the event with you guys, but I gotta be out of town that week. I am going to try to leave April open for next year. All the good comradary, food, and beverages sound great. Hope you guys have a blast, and catch lots of Big Stripes. If yall need anything else just let me know. I will do my best to help out. Make sure yall post plenty-O-pics for those of us that cant attend this year! Tight Lines!
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: SCOOP OF SOUP!!!! Reply with quote

Ok guys, here's my latest and greatest and I'm going to need VOLUNTEERS from the VOLUNTEER state! Or you could bring it from elsewhere...

Mike Maddalena has just agreed to bring a spare 100 gallon Vest Super tank to keep on-site for what I'm going to call the Scoop of Soup community bait hole. It will be for everyone to share if you're not familiar enough with the area to catch your own bait...Hopefully we can get some guys to toss the net a few extra times and bring in some frisky gizzards to share with the Soup Troups to hopefully make a special weekend even more special!

Do we have any bait-VOLUNTEERS who can bring a few dozen extras? I'm gonna try! Extra large bait tanks are welcome also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bring that 100 gal. stock tank or a 50 ga. creek bank (traded for the 30) to keep em in. Let me know.
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chef,

How many Soupers do you expect to show up? Please give me an idea so I can plan on how much food to take with me. Thanks.
dsteffe
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: When will the tank be there? Reply with quote

I can bring extra bait, but would not be able to keep the extras over nite... Alwives are easy to bring, small to med Gizards should be possible... Big Baits will have to stay in my tank Smile Are these baits intended for Watts bar?? So When will a big tank be at the cabin??
Deer Tic
Get the Net

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm diggin the Scoop of Soup idea! I'll be more than glad to be the deck hand for someone. You don't want me going out on my own, all I could guarantee might be a cup full of tadpoles for the tank and that might be pushing it! Shocked Razz

FYI, Glenn and I are leaving Thurs. morning sometime, so we will be there to help with whatever... Picking up the Crab Legs tomorrow and a few other items. If anyone cares to bring their favorite smoked sausage for the boil that would be great too! We will be bringing some as well.

Seeya Thurs. midday at the latest.
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith, I'm not sure, I didn't RSVP this year but I expect to have 25-30 folks there. Last year, only a dozen or so stayed for the Sat evening food and fun, so we ended up with A TON of extra food. Bring containers for leftovers I'd say! If you have something special you want us to sample, by all means bring it, but we have the bulk of the food figured out. I'm thinking if you have access to some ribs, I can smoke them alongside the butt on Sat. I heard a rumor that there may be some GA brunswick stew coming to compliment the pork... Cool I think I'm just going to let it all be a big surprise instead of trying to OVERmanage which is what I feel like I've done on the first two.

We will have Scoop of Soup facilities available Thurs evening for putting shad in. Hopefully, I will have a couple of different tanks to keep different baits separated. NO BLUEBACKS PLEASE. Exclamation I'm hoping to provide some bait so guys who don't have it or don't have time to catch it will be able to fish maximum amounts.

Rod, it's gonna be a helluva time. We plan on arriving around 6 or 7 Thurs evenin' so we'll see you there.

I'm not sure how structured the cast netting will be, we will see! Skiffy's platform is still on-site. Razz
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am alittle disenchanted with all of you. All the talk of cornhole, feasting, shad scooping, fishing, drinking...what about the "guthook the shad and hang it from a tree limb and blast the shit out of them varmits with .45 caliber" contest?? After we wound them critters, we can throw them into Skiffya's blender and have a shadgut chugging contest?
I will arrive Wednesday with one son and wife to clean and organize the cabin. Will be there all Thursday. If anyone wishes to arrive anytime Thur...come on!
Looks like nice weather thu and fri, scattered rain sat and sun.
For you heavy beer drinkers, it looks like I will definitey have up to 12 FULL KEGS this year!
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudes: I post last night and it is 8:30 am with no responses? Looks like some of you are looking for an asswhoopin.
The only reason I will not beat all of you is because DSteffe will bring oysters, hotsauce and shuckers. I will not bring a shucker since DSteffe will be my shuucker.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK suckers, bring extra shuckers!!!
If you can not operate a computer but can use a cell phone, my number is:

865-567-9060 cell OK reception at lake when on dock or water

865-354-3069 landline in the cabin which we will answer if we are not outside or on the water.

Can someone bring beer mugs into which much beer will flow out of the up to 12 FREE KEGS I WILL SUPPLY!!!!!

In real life, I am not as good looking as my yodashad picture.
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chef,

Thanks for the reply. Since it looks like food is covered, I'll keep it simple and just bring some chips and salsa and maybe some dogs for the grill.

Yoda,

I went to the range this weekend to hone my shad splattering skills. I only have about 20 ish rounds of .38 left. The price gouging on ammo is insane! 28 bucks for a box of .38 FMJ plinking rounds! I gonna have to start reloading pistol rounds now..
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Yoda, I'm gathering up as many mugs as possible...doing the best I can here!!! Laughing

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Shirts! Reply with quote

Are off the freakin' hook. Very nice indeed. Great times were had by me for sure. Met new friends and re-kindled old friendships. Some good fish were caught as always.

Can't wait till next year!

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com

Last edited by Mikemad on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
mcvet03

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys...

Well, it's been one hell of a weekend for me and I have been chomping at the bit to come out but it has been one thing after another for me.

I hate that I haven't gotten to come, but hopefully I can still meet some of y'all sometime!
downrigger
Fish On

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a blast meeting everybody this weekend. Sorry I had to cut out early on saturday to go back home. I final got on some very good fish. I will diffidently be back next year.

kirt
Fisher of Men
Get the Net

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Kirt, you can post a bigger picture than that Very Happy Congrats on the fish, it will be extremely hard to top that personal best!!! By the way, it was great meeting you and the rest of the guys that showed up to the get together, hope to do it again Smile
dsteffe
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Gooood Times!! Reply with quote

Great fish Kirt, you had a good crew.... prop boats can catch big Rocks too Cool Cool.

I got to see past and many new Soup friends, and just as last year we had great hosts Smile I wish I would have taken more pics, but too much going on Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad here are a few.

Rod and Glenn casting the docks on the way back in from a trip on the BAR.

The Dock and the back sides of Captians Chum and BB Wink Check out the 150 gal.s of bait tanks Cool

The Shooter prep table Question

The Shooter... the Rod Man... Those Key Limes and that there Cock sauce made those oyster a taste explosion Cool Very Happy

THANKS to the JT's father and son, for the most excelent base camp Very Happy Thanks to the Soup staff for the cooridination and shirts...way cool!
Thanks to the food contributors and the cooks...I missed Sat night, but my belly hurt soo good Friday Night.

Next year will be hard to TOP Cool
Rockfish
1 Can-Do
1 Can-Do

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

downrigger wrote:
I had a blast meeting everybody this weekend. Sorry I had to cut out early on saturday to go back home. I final got on some very good fish. I will diffidently be back next year.

kirt

HOLY PIG Exclamation Very Happy WHAT SHE WEIGH, WHAT SHE WEIGH Exclamation

I'm sure a great time was had by all - I'm going to make it one of these years. Looking forward to seeing lots o pics and stories!

I've been wondering what a shad hit by a 45 slug looks like... Shocked
downrigger
Fish On

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was 49.5 pounds. It was all I could do to pick her up to take a pic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a GREAT time. It was really nice seeing everyone. Jeff and John, hate we didn't get to spend more time around the campfire/cornhole boards. I think we all knew the storms were on the way, so many of us tried to get as much fishing time in as possible, before they hit...and when they hit, THEY HIT! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Chef's "Soup Scoop" was a success! Thanks to Mike Mad for lending us your 100 gal Vest. For a last minute idea, it sure did play out good. Cool

Thanks again to our wonderful hosts, great cooks, and everyone who was able to make it.
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Speaking of 100 gallon Tank. Reply with quote

Anybody know where it is? Smile Smile Smile

UPDATE: G-MAN (my new name for Skiffya) called and let me know he has it!

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com

Last edited by Mikemad on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
JOHN
What a MONSTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Soup Troup Reply with quote

I'll agree with Doug we're lucky to have such great host. Lauri and I enjoyed meeting everyone Friday night, It was nice to finally connect a face to some of the online conversations.

I got to fish with some new and old friends and got to see some new personal best weights recorded. I've said it before the best times for me are just watching someone catching a nice fish and taking that picture.

I also would like to thank all TSBA and Soup fisherman for all there help with out you guys these trips would be much harder THANKS!!!.
Mikemad
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: John Reply with quote

I love people getting their new PB's as well, but when they do it two days in ROW and beat my PB in the process - well I think I just need to keep them out of the boat from NOW on! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Of course I am kidding!

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com
srmz
Holding My Own

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear everyone had a great time this year! I so hated to miss out. Hope everyone liked the shirts as well. We wanted them to be very special for this event.
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Soup Event. I missed the boat Reply with quote

Sad I regret missing the gathering. I am glad to hear that everyone enjoyed it, caught some fish with one being a personal best that will be hard to better. Bill Carson made a statement that I needed to hear last week. STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: SMRZ Reply with quote

The shirts are way cool. I think you/Shawn will/could/should sell a lot more of them. Has anyone posted a pic of them?

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com
Jeff Gerrin
Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: the Reply with quote

shirts are great. Everyone on the soup needs one. They are the neatest striper shirt I have seen. Didn't catch a big one but had a blast meeting everyone. As good as a time as I have had in a good while. Great people and great food. Thanks Yoda, super nice place. Thanks Shawn for bringing together such a good group of guys.

MAD STRIPER FISHING
yodashad
Loosen The Drag

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys thank you for the awesome time of feasting, friends, waterboarding and fishing. To spend so much time with my son in a boat, around a firepit, eating and hanging out ranked as one of the best weekends of my long life. Thanks to all who contributed food, cooking energy, clean up duties, bait tank, bait, pictures and giving all of us some great memories on which to feast until next year. We are honored to host such a great group of men and woman. We can go on the corresponding weekend or one or two weekends later next year...Chef, Doug, Eric, Keith, Jeffs, Glen, ROd, Tim, John, Mike, Ezell, Bill and all...what do you think re date in 2011? The highlite moment for me was seeing thathad spit into the face of a man holding a .357 and say bring it on SUCKA!!!!
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few misc. photos that were taken at this year's SSTG. We also have the very first SSTG team photo! We do have a few folks missing from the photo that attended...

Chef's gettin' PUMPED

Special smoke stick...

Watch out for this guy!

Friday night campfire...

2010 SSTG Team Photo...take one

Take 2?

Take 3!

Holding My Own

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome Pics Guys! Can't wait to attend next year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> SSTG Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: