STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2004 16' Alumacraft w/Yahama Jet - $6000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EarlyRiser
5 Can-Dos
5 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: 2004 16' Alumacraft w/Yahama Jet - $6000 Reply with quote

http://roanoke.craigslist.org/boa/1899030159.html

This isn't my boat, but I saw it on the local craigslist (Roanoke, VA) and thought it sounded like a pretty good deal. Thought someone may be interested.
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That won't push a 20 gallon bait tank and 2 people on plane. You'd have to trade up on the motor. It'd be a good scout boat/lure chunker.
Georgia Forestry Commission

Last edited by SeeinStripes on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
syoungblood
I Got Him Now

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn`t sell this rig short .I have an alumacraft 1648 ncs with Billy Davis`s old powerplant on it, late 80`s Johnson 40hp with jet unit.It will get on plane with 2 men and a 20 gal Vest tank runs 21mph gps, a little slow getting up but runs in 3inches.Don`t get me wrong ,mine is a rivet boat, it is allergic to rocks and pig iron.For the money I have enjoyed the rig it slides across mud flats and doesn`t mind a stump occasionally I`ve even rubbed rocks lightly ,no leaks,just battle scars.I want a Riverpro when I grow up!
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 mph = barely on plane and 5-6" draft. Let's keep it real s.y. A LOT of us have the "been there/done that" part out of the way. A R.P. at 40+ mph will run in 3" and start bumping in 2, but when you drop below that magical 28 mph mark, you begin to lose a good bit of lift.

Am I wrong, or just dumb, or maybe an asshole, or maybe all 3? Anybody else care to interject? Question Idea Question
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fairweatherfisherman
SOUP GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be a pretty big compromise for a striper fisherman. The alum floor and the heavier (than Billy's old motor) 4 stroke (also less powerful hole shot) would make the addition of a bait tank of reasonable size a stretch. My buddy Dave and I have run an old 40/30 Merc for many years on a 1648. We used to run up river with a good bit of generation under us and a 30 gallon Vest. It would take quite a while to make our way up river, but with the cushion of a foot or so from the generation, we very seldom hit. At the end of the day, we would jettison the bait and water - we had usually at that point burned around 10 gallons of gas, and with that reduced weight in water and gas, we were able to limp downstream through the shallows. We did run up on zero gen a couple of times, but always took some very hard hits getting up stream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Swap 'n' Sell All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: