STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lake Cumberland trip planning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericjeeper
Castin' Back Out

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Lake Cumberland trip planning Reply with quote

I am trying to plan a mid December fishing trip down to the big lake. This is my first fall/winter year for fishing for Stripers. I am looking for tips on where to catch bait. Tips on what baits to use.. Basically I do not have a clue. I was down there a few weeks ago,hired a guide and he put us to bottom fishing, caught a few barely legals. I want big fish.
I have 4 down riggers on the boat and have lots of umbrellas. I have a new 30 gallon bait tank. I am going to upgrade my cast net from 5 foot R to 8 foot R before I head south.
Thanks for any help.
LittleMiamiJeff
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: LC Friday through Sunday Reply with quote

Eric,
I'll let you know where we find bait and fish Sunday eve. or Monday, I'll be on Lake Cumberland tomorrow morning.
Mostly small fish especially after kill late summer/Sept.
There are reports of decent fish but fewer and far-er between.
Gizzards are up the creeks, shallow flats.
Put out a light at a dock or bouy and wait for alewives to some to it.
Report to my fishing buddy is plenty of fish in Faubush and White Oak, but again, mostly small. Shad past Boat Club in Pitman Creek.
All information is Pre-cold front that is moving through as I post, so every thing will change by the time we get down there.

I've night fished the banks at NIGHT, w/deep cranks up Greasy Creek out of Jamestown marina in the past, long nights, lots of casting, but every now and then you get a strong hit and decent fish. Gravel banks and rocks vs. clay banks are best.
Bounce crank down bank, cast as close to bank w/out hitting shore, SLOW retrieve is key.
LMJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Report Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: