STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone up for a trip to Cumberland?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericjeeper
Castin' Back Out

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: anyone up for a trip to Cumberland? Reply with quote

I am thinking about fishing some soft water here in the next couple of weeks.. Been hitting the hard water quite a bit.But my son says he prefers to fillet one striper as opposed to a dozen panfish.
Maybe we can get a couple of boats together and go scour more of that lake.Hopefully get on some fish.
LittleMiamiJeff
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,
I can't go with you, but after this weekend, this is what you'll be dealing with:
Water is pretty cold, high 30's to low/mid 40's as you go up creeks, warm rain muddied up creeks, there is a lot of trees and limbs/trash upper third or so of main lake.
Bait is scattered, but up the creeks in 30 foot or less of water.
Fish, mostly schoolies (if not all, depends on who believes all the big stripes died late summer) are up creeks as well w/bait, 40 foot or less, today, after cold front moved in, they are in 30ft or less.
Try to find bait balled up under lights at marinas, or put your own light in off dock, in deeper water alewives or threads.
We fished shiners, and they just don't get the attention the shad or alewives would.
I'd suggest Beaver Creek, turn left out of marina and go WAY back past 5 fingers to pool where rough boat ramp is. That can be a good pool.
Last report we got, 5 days old as I post this, was fish just out side Lees Ford marina past no wake zone.
Fish up in White Oak creek, far up and relatively shallow.
Hope you do well!
LMJ
ericjeeper
Castin' Back Out

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Report Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: