STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

::VERY OFFICIAL:: FYAOSBO standings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: ::VERY OFFICIAL:: FYAOSBO standings Reply with quote

Since the standings will not be posted until Jan 1, this link will be very boring, however you may want to talk trash/start rumors here about who has caught what. Nothing is certain or verified until the bitter end. Make sure you have your measuring tapes/boards in tip-top legible condition!

FYAOSBO Standings
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the webpage won't show actual results until Jan 1, I will tantalize all with some pertinent, yet vague information... Confused

We have had 4 fish turned in so far for the FYAOSBO. 3 are in the 30+ class, 1 in the 15-30 class, and all 4 came from TN.

I'm goin fishing tomorrow. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EarlyRiser
5 Can-Dos
5 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still planning on hitting the Ches bay on the "eel taxi" so you Tn boys better come with it! Very Happy It may take a 60 to win this year!
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Big fish Reply with quote

EarlyRiser wrote:
I'm still planning on hitting the Ches bay on the "eel taxi" so you Tn boys better come with it! Very Happy It may take a 60 to win this year!

Shocked I am shocked that those Tenn. guys have not already put a 50 inch+/50 pound+ in the pictures yet. Then Shawn may be holding out on us and they could have already. Those long salty fish would be hard to beat because I have never seen a 60 incher here. I have seen a 56/61.5 Razz
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got home from today's trip and I will say that GA is now on the board for 0-15 and 15-30. Razz Cool Razz Although I didn't get a 60 incher!
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Weights on FYAOSBO Reply with quote

Very Happy I just discovered the weights are posted on fish caught this year. No lengths Question That won't win so dsteffe and I are going back to upgrade Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Razz Wink Laughing
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put in the weights as 'teasers' but the lengths will be withheld until the bitter end! Use your imagination to figure out if someone caught a skinny winner fish, or a fat lazy loser fish. Smile Cool Smile
Scutertrash
1 Can-Do
1 Can-Do

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hell with it then. Guess I will do some 20 degree fishing this week!
dsteffe
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Half way to go! Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked 5 fish on the board from Team TN.... 2 from elswhere Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Whats a little ice, snow and cold doing to everybody Question joker
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Scuter...I don't see you on the board either! HAHA. It's been a seriously nasty start to this year's FYAOSBO weather-wise. Hopefully things will get a little better and we can put some more fish on the board!
Scutertrash
1 Can-Do
1 Can-Do

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeeinStripes wrote:
Yeah, Scuter...I don't see you on the board either! HAHA. !

No Shit! I've only managed 2 skunked trips in Dec (one with you and probably on purpose Nasty ) Other than that, its been tough weather here, but I'm not complaining Wahhh . I will definitely get an entry or two before the end. I plan of fishing some new waters (for me) next week and then heading south for Christmas stripers in Savannah.... Laughing
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeeinStripes wrote:
I put in the weights as 'teasers' but the lengths will be withheld until the bitter end! Use your imagination to figure out if someone caught a skinny winner fish, or a fat lazy loser fish. Smile Cool Smile

2 at a time fat lazy loser fish. Twisted Evil It sure is quite here at the end of the game.

Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHA! Rub it in why don't ya!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I will continue to catch my little fish on Friday. With all this weather we've been having, I've been lucky to even get out!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
5 Can-Dos
5 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright Ezell, Hokiechad and I are coming to TN at some point in the next few months and I expext you to be our guide for some of those pigs! Very Happy
Dirk
River Junkie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Quiet Reply with quote

It has been rather quiet. I haven't been able to fish but a couple half day trips in December, but I am planning to fish ALL DAY tomorrow. I am going to stick with Lanier and hope to find a couple long fish, that are willing to eat... Tomorrow will probably be my last chance to get on the board so I hope I can get a decent 15-30, and even better a long 30+ lber. Haven't fished enough this month to find em (other than a couple places that I know they are NOT at... Evil or Very Mad ). If I strike out tomorrow it will be because I went with a Lowrance instead of Garmin on my new fishfinder... Cool If I catch a good 15-30, and a 30+ then I will be a new loyal Lowrance supporter.

Nice looking fish Ezell. Glad somebody is catching some good ones.
mwardncsu
Can-Do Patrol
Can-Do Patrol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least this is once that I can say I'm glad Ezell's catching fish out of my league - those 2 nice fish are definitely not in the weenie class I entered - of course, if I don't get on the water and catch a fish over 8 lbs then it does not really matter much anyway...........
dsteffe
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecox wrote:
SeeinStripes wrote:

2 at a time fat lazy loser fish. Twisted Evil It sure is quite here at the end of the game.

mmmm... I have to add, that there is 72 lbs of square STRIPA joker

It's 16 here in TN land and we getting ready to go after them... can there be long fish to be found Question Question may just have to settle for those fat lazy ones pig Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

king ... Question
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is winding down and the weather has been more of a FREEZE Your Ass Off Striped Bass Off event. Only a few weights on the board. I haven't gotten enough calls to open up computer #2 and update the webpage, although I will mention that fairweatherfisherman has entered 2 classes. I expect there will be more action in the last couple of days as we ring in 2011! Razz Cool Razz
fairweatherfisherman
SOUP GURU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Tennessee friends are making it hard for us this year. That's for sure. I gave myself a chance to win this year, fishing big baits in likely places, but I zigged a couple of times when I should have zagged, and have yet to connect with the fish I'm looking for. I've got a least one more day of fishing with big fish potential and maybe one more, so I'm not ready to throw the towel in quite yet. I will say, I'm glad I've had a reason to get on the water more, and I've been enjoying it.
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...tick............................................... arrow Question Question Question Twisted Evil
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last gasp was today with no luck except catching some big BB in the back of a creek on Lanier. Should have called in a fish earlier this month but didn't think it would be enough in the small class. Sad Had fun trying. Smile
River Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Tough December Reply with quote

I struck out on Lanier today too. I think I found some largish looking stripes but they wouldn't eat. This was my worst December in a lot of years, not just because I was on the water less, but I just couldn't find any stripes that would eat. Congrats to all the guys that did catch some good fish this month and I looks like Tennessee will regain the December Big Fish title for the year. Kind of blurry pictures but as you can see I was on something today.?.?.?

SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Decisions... Reply with quote

I have decided that since I won two of the classes this year Cool and I had prior knowledge of fish sizes that I am not eligible for the winnings. The rumors are true, I made a secret mission to TN with my wife and we had a stroke of luck right at dusk yesterday evening. I was getting ready to pack it up and bring in the planers since it was almost getting too dark to see the boards anymore. A gizzard on the outside board began to shake and shimmy, and about 10 seconds later a 28 lb, 40" striper erupted and got a 5/0 L197 circle implanted firmly into the side of his mouth. The 30 lb big game held fast and subdued the fish quickly. Pictures didn't turn out great, but my wife is my witness. It was actually about 39 - 7/8 inches, couldn't stretch it to 40. I will not be able to have much internet until I get home tomorrow night. More fishing today, in the rain... Confused Happy new year to all and good luck on the water! It was one of the toughest Decembers ever for striper fishing!
EarlyRiser
5 Can-Dos
5 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you weren't the only one to weigh in an under 15lb fish! I caught a 12lb 31" striper, Mward as my witness...send me the winnings! Very Happy
Brett Wendel
MANGO MAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Decisions... Reply with quote

SeeinStripes wrote:
I have decided that since I won two of the classes this year Cool and I had prior knowledge of fish sizes that I am not eligible for the winnings.

That's screwed up. Did your knowledge of the fish sizes entered make the fish you caught bite or would you have not been fishing if you didn't know what the fish sizes were? Id say take your earnings.
Team Castaway Baits
EarlyRiser
5 Can-Dos
5 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Decisions... Reply with quote

brett30030 wrote:
SeeinStripes wrote:
I have decided that since I won two of the classes this year Cool and I had prior knowledge of fish sizes that I am not eligible for the winnings.

That's screwed up. Did your knowledge of the fish sizes entered make the fish you caught bite or would you have not been fishing if you didn't know what the fish sizes were? Id say take your earnings.

YES! I was just kidding above. Knowledge or not, you caught a winning fish! Take the money!

I don't really understand the "not telling" of the fish sizes. If you want to win, you've got to catch the longest fish, regardless if you know everybody else's fish lengths or not. If you quit thinking you can no longer win, then you've got the wrong outlook. You should strive to out do the competition. Just my 2cents.
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Chef, but you can't do that! Cool Here are the 2010 FYAOSBA rules arrow

http://www.seeinstripes.com/stripersoup/viewtopic.php?t=6772

Now, stop feeling sorry for us and TAKE YOUR WINNINGS! You tried to pull this crap before! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Well shit... Reply with quote

Ok, I will get my shit together and stop feeling sorry and quit letting my wife tell me what to do! Too bad I couldn't sweep it and take dsteffe out of big fish category. Cool Sorry, shadnasty, there's always 2011!
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I am glad my old boat buddy dsteffe did get the "fat, lazy, WINNER fish". It is in the grasp of my right hand of doubles and mcvet03 is the camera man. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Why Am I Addicted to This Board?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a crazy few minutes that was with a triple on those fish! Hahah..that was a scramble to get weights, measurements, pictures, hold one fish in the water while you all got the other in...shewww..intense Very Happy Cool Cool Glad I got to see the winning fish first hand and help out!!
Shadnasty
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just glad all of the fish came from Tennessee, except for the dink class. Very Happy Very Happy
Scutertrash
1 Can-Do
1 Can-Do

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to everyone to enter. It was definitely tough conditions to fish in.
BTW Chef, I sent you my entry 12/27. 20# and 37". You didnt post. Doesnt really matter cause it didnt win, but it looks better than a bagel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Striper Soup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: