STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2008 Fish Your Ass Off Striped Bass Off RULES!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Striped Bass Off Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: 2008 Fish Your Ass Off Striped Bass Off RULES!! Reply with quote

OK guys, I promised something different and this is what I came up with:

There's basically going to be 3 'classes' of fish to be weighed, and you need to determine which 'class' you are in. You CAN be in multiple classes. The classes are 0-15 lb, 15+ to 30 lb, and 30+ to 45 lb. Weight is only a factor in deciding what class your fish is in. I believe a longer fish is an older, bigger fish (compared to a shorter, heavier fish) and more of a true measure of the SIZE of the fish. LENGTH is going to be the winning factor. The LONGEST fish in each weight class will be declared the winner. A 10 lber can beat a 15 lber if it's long and skinny!!!! A 35 lber can easily beat a 45 lber by being emaciated.

For each size class you want to enter, you will send me $5 cash in the mail. Only registered competitors whose names are on the registrant list can send in money. You may register at any time throughout the competition.

Qualifying fish may be caught from Midnight December 1 to 11:59.59 December 31.

Striped bass from all bodies of water (including salt) can be entered.

A photo of the fish must be made on some form of readable scale graduated in INCHES. If you do not do this, your fish will not be considered part of the competition.

You must call the CHEF the DAY OF your catch, so store my phone number now if you don't already have it (478) 456-6987. You will give me the details about your fish as in which weight class its in and how long it is.

You can upgrade your fish as many times as you want within each class, similar to culling. Like catch and release, there is no limit.

In the event of a length tie, the competitor's largest fish will break the tie. Competitors' largest fish will be kept recorded in the unlimited class column. If there is still a tie, the Chef will flip a coin.

There will be an optional 'unlimited' class where competitors will compete for the largest fish. This will be for honor only. The winner of the unlimited class will be crowned the "big fish king" for the following year.

Prizes are: full payout of all entries to the winner of each class. Selection of preferred forum title for top two finishers in each class.

As last year, the competition is based on the honor system, so if you cheat, you will have to live with that the rest of your life. Let's keep it real here in the 'Soup!

If you have any issues with the rules, or if something needs to be clarified, let me know ASAP because this is all I could think of.

I will be in email contact with all registered competitors about additional details concerning the competition.
Georgia Forestry Commission

Last edited by SeeinStripes on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brett Wendel
MANGO MAN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: 2008 Fish Your Ass Off Striped Bass Off RULES!! Reply with quote

SeeinStripes wrote:
A photo of the fish must be made on some form of readable scale graduated in INCHES.

So a tape measure is allowable?
Team Castaway Baits
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Legible measuring devices Reply with quote

As long as we can make out the graduations on the ruler/tape/stick, or whatever you decide to use. NO HOMEMADE RULERS!!! haha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mikemad
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: I am all in! Reply with quote

Put me in all three classes. I'm going for the freaking Triple Crown!!

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com
LittleMiamiJeff
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Couple of questions..... Reply with quote

1. True Stripers only, or are wipers allowed in the 0-15 or 15-30 class?

2. The original rules stated you MUST register by tomorrow Sunday 11.30 by noon. I just read ("Only registered competitors whose names are on the registrant list can send in money. You may register at any time throughout the competition. ")

I was just asked by Striper Wiper what keeps you from sending in an old picture, (other than honesty?)
Would it make sense to have a Newspaper from that day with you while you fish, and take pic w/newspaper date showing? I've seen that from a similar contest on the Texas Fishing Forum, the Belton Lake Bunch.
Just a thought.
LMJ
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Modifications Reply with quote

LMJ, I am also allowed to change the rules at any time throughout the competition! HA HA! Since the turnout was so low, I am keeping registration open.

This is an honest group of guys, and besides that, the payoff isn't a $50,000 striper rig....it's just a few bucks and some honor. This is for FUN and some shit talkin, I don't want it to get too out of hand, but if it does finally catch on one day, we might do the newspaper, or cell phone date thing. Good ideas!
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Size Class / Address Reply with quote

Very Happy Is this where I need to tell you my intentions of fishing the 30 to 45 pound class and what address do you want the $ sent to? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy One other question, can we upgrade after the first entry?

Last edited by ecox on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
fairweatherfisherman
SOUP GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I like the different classes. The 30 to 45 class clearly favors the guys from Tennessee (and maybe the lone Arkansas angler), where the 0 to 15 clearly favors the guys that fish farther south. It will be interesting to see the lengths and weights in the middle class. As many guys as there are on here that fish Lanier (I'm not one of them), I think they will have a great shot at the middle class.

Since Shawn has opened it up, I hope more will register. Obviously, the level of the competitors is very high, but wtf.
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Ezell, Email??? Reply with quote

Ezell, I sent out an email to everybody who has signed up with instructions on the entry fee. Did you not get it?

If anybody who is on the signup list DID NOT get my email entitled FISH OFF, let me know!!!!
Shadnasty
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt get the email? Try to send it to me again.
bigd
Holding My Own

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna sign up, send me an entry form email please. Thanks.

Darren
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: NO form. Reply with quote

You know me better than that....

TO REGISTER: Send me an email to my sq@seeinstripes.com account declaring your intent to compete. In the email, include your FULL NAME, your STRIPER SOUP USERNAME, your PHONE NUMBER, and your ADDRESS. Once I receive your email I will instruct you what to do next. The fee for this competition is $5.

It amazes me how many people DIDN'T do this correctly.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
CoreyP
What a MONSTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you enter only one fish for each class or if you catch one, enter it, then catch a bigger one on a different day - will it replace the one you entered? I guess what I'm saying is, do you only have one chance per class? Confused
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoreyP wrote:
Can you enter only one fish for each class or if you catch one, enter it, then catch a bigger one on a different day - will it replace the one you entered? I guess what I'm saying is, do you only have one chance per class? Confused

Good question. No, since it's a catch and release format, you can "upgrade" yourself as many times as you want. Like culling in a tournament, but a little longer-term.
bigd
Holding My Own

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn,
There are a grand total of 4 posts concerning this competition, so not doing it correctly, really wasn't that hard at all, beleive me.

D
jonfishmacon
Why Am I Addicted to This Board?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Will there be PARTICIPATION TROPHYs this year ?
I think all of us are winners and it is the American way
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
LittleMiamiJeff
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: RE: Political correctness........ Reply with quote

jonfishmacon wrote:
Will there be PARTICIPATION TROPHYs this year ?
I think all of us are winners and it is the American way

Yes, Jon, we are all winners, so the 1st Place trophy will be awarded to every entrant, so as not to upset anyone's sensitivities! LOL!
And I think a trophy should be sent to those that DIDN'T enter, so as not to make them feel left out. Shawn is #1 at not offending anyone's tender feelings, so he should concur. On all of it, "it's all good" so to speak.
LMJ
ROFL LOL Laughing
Yaz
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Political correctness........ Reply with quote

[/quote]Shawn is #1 at not offending anyone's tender feelings.
LMJ
ROFL LOL Laughing[/quote]

Unless you ask a question that could be found by using the "Search"........or don't type a sentence in a complete, grammatically correct manner..........spell correctly............don't include your location when you............. babble on about something that has nothing to do with the thread......... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Other than those things...... Wink

Yaz

Sorry Chef, but LMJ set you up for that one!!!
Mikemad
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Don't forget MY favorites. Reply with quote

The NEW post instead of reply or the double post. I have that market cornered.

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com
lake and stream
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackass
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: welllllll Reply with quote

bigd wrote:
Shawn,
There are a grand total of 4 posts concerning this competition, so not doing it correctly, really wasn't that hard at all, beleive me.

D

There's only 1 that says REGISTRATION. I assume college educated folk such as yourself could figger that one out!
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lake and stream wrote:
jackass

WAIT A MINUTE Shocked Shocked where did that "jackass" come from? haha, I'm laughing my shit off at you guys. I think I have established that bullshit walks here on the 'Soup. I'm still chuckling about the 'genetics' ordeal...
Ironside
Castin' Back Out

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also says register by noon on SUNDAY the 29th. Where did you get your calendar?!
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironside wrote:
It also says register by noon on SUNDAY the 29th. Where did you get your calendar?!

HEY, I also run this show and can alter the rules at ANY TIME. You didn't read that? Razz By the way, who are you talkin to?
Yaz
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lake and stream wrote:
jackass

You gonna take that Chef!!!!!! Shocked

Hell, if I can't fish, I may as well cause trouble!! Laughing Laughing
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: JACKASS Reply with quote

Hell no i won't take it. I'll DEACTIVATE his account. Better be some apologies comin down the pipe next time I read this one!!!! Evil or Very Mad
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little bit longer and we'll be stretching some mono!!! Time to DE-TOX!

I can hear them...sounds like Orca pods. Shocked
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: NEW TIEBREAKER rule Reply with quote

Just thought it might be possible to have a tie, so here's my answer:

In the event of a length tie, the competitor's largest fish will break the tie. Competitors' largest fish will be kept recorded in the unlimited class column. If there is still a tie, the Chef will flip a coin.
lake and stream
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey chef just dropped 10.00 in the mail to you on the way to the lake.

i am in the 0-15 and 15-30 classes.

now off to carters for the fisrt time in 9 days ..
Ironside
Castin' Back Out

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeeinStripes wrote:
Ironside wrote:

HEY, I also run this show and can alter the rules at ANY TIME. You didn't read that? Razz By the way, who are you talkin to?

Was it Saturday the 29th OR Sunday the 30th at noon? CHEF, that wasn't an alteration of the rules, just seems like a brain fart... All is good, we all have senior moments...
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHH, I see now! It was just me being RETARDED. Cool deal! That happens, you are right. You can take your pick there I guess... Laughing
Ironside
Castin' Back Out

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No harm, no foul, just trying to be a Dick.
LittleMiamiJeff
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Can't resist, bowling pins Reply with quote

Ironside wrote:
No harm, no foul, just trying to be a Dick.

Mission Accomplished.
Done.
Fini
Finito,
No Mas.
LMJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Striped Bass Off Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: