STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Norris in March

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigfishcatcher
Castin' Back Out

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Norris in March Reply with quote

I will be coming down to Norris in March - and was going to try to catch bait on Cherokee before driving on to Norris - What size and type of shad would be best at that time of year (never had much luck catching bait on Norris).

Thanks in Advance
Gary Weaver
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Norris in March Reply with quote

Very Happy By March I like to use the larger gizzards 8 to 10 inch that are difficult to catch on Cherokee. Bait can be caught sometimes on Norris but since you are coming by Cherokee anyway just get the largest possible from there. Below Douglas Dam has some of the best bait if you want to go to the trouble. Also there is great bait in the coves around the steam plant at Bull Run in Oak Ridge if you are going to fish the lower end of Norris. If I am going to spend a few hours driving to fish, another hour is no problem to get the best bait. Be careful of the striper size and creel limits. It is still 1 fish 36 inch or larger until April 1st. Where are you planning to fish at on Norris? Gary get back in touch if I can help as the time gets close.Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Castin' Back Out

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the Information - I will get back in touch with you as the date draws near.

Happy Holidays
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Report Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: