STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone fished near Fields Landing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsxraddict
Now What?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: anyone fished near Fields Landing? Reply with quote

I haven't been that far up in a boat, but I know its real shallow up close to the mouth of the Etowah.

I'm thinking the nearest drop off before that flats should be holding good fish right now. I'm sure there are bait sitting up in the shallow flats enjoying this sun and mud; and I think they would be staging there as well.

Just curious if anyone has tried it yet, or if the area is even like Im thinking.
Mike
NO We don't Use a Net

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get out of court in time tomorrow I can meet you over there with about 16 good gizzards and check it out. That area is very shallow and tricky. When running it stay near the bank opposite from Sweetwater Creek then after the left turn, stay near Fields Landing. That area silts in and mud bars can move alot after some good rains. There should be some good baits near Little River bridge. The fish may be there too.
gsxraddict
Now What?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I am going to be on the upper Etowah all day tomorrow, so give me about an hour notice and I can meet you over at little river.

I was imagining a drop off near there and thinking it could be productive. I know that area is real shallow just didn't know where.

I feel for ya man, jury duty is much less fun then fishing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Report Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: