STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying Norris again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spectrefishing
Movin' on Up

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Trying Norris again Reply with quote

I'm going down to Norris, Labor Day Weekend. We've been going for 7 years now and haven't caught a single striper. We've been able to catch most everything but. I know you fellas don't give spots away but I sure could use some help on where to be, what time to be there, and wether to be using boards or down lines or both. This may be the last chance I have to land a Norris Striper. We not be going there next year and I would like to get at least one. Ezell tried to help us last year but my brother's boat ran out of gas on the way. That almost started a family fued there on the water, and put a dark cloud over the whole trip. Any help would be appreciated.
bigfishcatcher
Castin' Back Out

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Norris Reply with quote

I fish Norris some in the Spring when the water is cold as I release all Stripers that I catch. The water is Norris now is too warm and will kill any striper that you catch.

I recommend driving to Melton Hill and fish in water under 70 degrees that way the fish will bite better and you will not kill them when you release them.
BDavis
Well Get the Boga Grip

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Don't bother with Melton Hill Reply with quote

I would ask Ezell again and make sure you have a full tank of gas. Melton Hill isn't really worth fishing unless you have a week or two to spend everyday on the water. If anything I would fish below Melton Hill dam on that stretch of the Clinch.
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Tennessee fishing Reply with quote

Very Happy I already have that weekend full so can't help. We have others on this forum that may respond to your request. Billy is right about catching stripers here. If you can't catch them in Norris you won't catch them, unless you go below Melton Hill Dam in the tailrace. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Norris Help Reply with quote

I will try to help...You should be albe to catch your limit using good live bait... alwife ideal, 5-7" gizard almost as good. The fish are DOWN 30-60', surface breaks are small fish not worth chasing. You should be able to find big and small schools within 10 miles of the dam up the Clinch, Cove and Big Creeks. the Bites are best at dawn and dusk or when a genration surge hits slow to bite scattered marks. USE your finder and move if you don;t locate fish and bait. Look for other striper boats for holes and be curtious when you approach... Smaller fish can be released if caught quick and dehooked in the water. LIMIT is 2 per person. Good luck Smile and post a report!
spectrefishing
Movin' on Up

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help guys! I feel like I may have a chance with the responces I've gotten.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Report Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: