STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USGS River gauges?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamie Townsend
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: USGS River gauges? Reply with quote

I check two gauges on a local river pretty often and there is a 236 CFS difference in the gauges. It is 236 CFS higher at the upstream gauge than the lower one and the upstream discharge has not changed in two days. Could that much water be getting drawn out of the river. There is spot on the river between the two gauges where water is withdrawn. Normally the lower gauge has a higher CFS reading than the upper one. Shocked
kscoggins
Why Am I Addicted to This Board?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe upstream gauge is stuck
Dirk
River Junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Sounds fishy Reply with quote

Sounds like a gauge problem, but they check them pretty regularly so they should get it fixed soon. That's way more water than any single treatment plant in GA can handle. Fulton County has 2 small lakes that they draw from and they often have to pull water from the Hooch to fill them, so if you are talking about the Hooch near ATL then possibly it could be right, but 236 cfs is a lot of water and I doubt even Fulton Co is using near that much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Striper Soup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: