STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bait tank building contest...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Bait tank building contest... Reply with quote

I say we have one. Chef's call though. You never know who might discover the next best thing!

What do y'all think?
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Tank build off Reply with quote

My original bubba tank was the best tank ever! It lasted about 6 or 7 years and the sun finally got it...

Eric, you'll have to sanction this and make the rules and limitations. Are you going to have specific materials, budget, timeframe or what? We should get together somewhere with a big pile of barrels, tools, hoses, fittings and pumps and start building! hahaaah.
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jimmybee
Fish On

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: TANK WARS!!!! Reply with quote

"Tank Wars!" would be a good title for the project. Maybe you could hijack a logo from the Military Channel?
Ultimate test would be to see which one kept bait alive longest. Put in a dozen herring or gizzards each, and see how long they last! A webcam for us geographically challenged individuals would be sweet.
How about a category for ugliest? I have one my Dad made out of an old Igloo water cooler that would have to be at least an honorable mention for that category.
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innovation would win the contest! I'm talking somethng really out there. There would def. have to be a budget, but that's it. No matter how it does it, as long as the tank can keep the water clean/aerated and the bait alive (HEALTHY!), it qualifies...a panel of judges would decide the winner.

We'll see how many people might be interested. As of right now, there's only two of us.
NO We don't Use a Net

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in, I have been collecting materials for a new tank. The one I have right now is home made but really keeps bait well. It is extremely ugly though. I will have a new one built by January.

THE PENNSYLVANIA STRIPED BASS ASSN

http://www.fishpsba.com
jonfishmacon
Why Am I Addicted to This Board?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a TV show idea for the outdoor channel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Striper Soup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: