STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Way to go Soupers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Way to go Soupers Reply with quote

Every now and then, I like to gather Soup statistics on various aspects of the forum. I like stats and I know a lot of you guys do too. Here's one that might floor you a little: There are 79 named lakes/rivers in the reports section. About 40 of them have appreciable reports posted. The total number of new reports since the Soup's inception 6 years ago is 2,389, or almost 400 reports a year. I'd say that's AWESOME. And to go with that, we have TONS of reports with conditions and photos.

We can't do it without all of you guys posting and answering and conversing and hazing, etc. I'm proud to be able to host such a great group of striper junkies. Let's keep things going, add some new members, stress proper catch and release and be ambassadors of the fisheries resource. Be courteous and maybe even helpful to other anglers. Recruit new members who you think might be suffering mild to severe MSOCD. Keep it rollin guys!

SOUP ON

Chef Chef
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rockfish
1 Can-Do
1 Can-Do

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Great Post Reply with quote

The Soup WILL put you on fish Exclamation Applause
mcvet03
Why Am I Addicted to This Board?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSing aside for a minute...
The soup has honestly changed my angling life. Thanks to all of you who have given me advice along the way...I put in a LOT of hours on the water this year, learned some things on my own but also fished with some of the best striper fishermen in the business.
Couldn't ask for a better striper family and I hope in this coming year I can continue to learn from you all as well as fish with more or you. Keep your fingers crossed that a good deal on a boat comes my way and it will be game on in 2011 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

For all of you who have helped me this past year I hope at some point I can pay you back in some way whether it be with reports or even a day out with me once I'm up and running!

Tight lines boys!!

SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Soup has helped each and EVERY one of us! Doesn't matter if you're a rookie, intermediate or a seasoned angler, every person who has participated in this forum has learned a thing or two. On top of that, new relationships are made. Heck, I've got a TON of new (and awesome) friends because of the Soup! The best part of it is they are all REALLY great people, not just fishers of our favorite game fish. Dancing

Ok, I think I'll go shake the 8 ball now!
6 Can-Dos
6 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into maintaining this board....I'm also glad EarlyRiser pointed me in this direction. I hope I have contributed 1% of the total that I have learned here. It has been a great year, I have learned a lot and have enjoyed the back and forth banter.
ecox
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Soup Forum Reply with quote

Very Happy THANKS for all the effort that goes into keeping the forum active, interesting, and informative. Some of us like to talk to much but I do read and learn also. The other thing I enjoy is like mcvet03 said. "Couldn't ask for a better striper family", and SKIFFYA "awesome friends." Thanks again. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Magic 8-Ball
Magic 8-Ball

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Who says ya need water Reply with quote

To go fishing -- thats what I enjoy most about ANY fishing message board, even if I am behind a desk, I catch fish and LEARN - thats the beauty of fishing talk --

Thanks for the forum Shawn -- its a real pain to keep stuff like this going, a labor of love.
Yaz
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second Tony's post. Up here in the frozen tundra of Hoosierland, I can still read reports from Ezell and Shawn to help ease the pain till spring...... Very Happy But I think the text pictures Shawn sent me were bordering on "rubbing it in"!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Mikemad
Capt. Damn IT
Capt. Damn IT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I have posted it MANY times in the past - THE SOUP RULES, from making friends to learning new things - it has all aspects of striper fishing covered. I have posted much lately, but then I haven't fished all that much this year (thank god for business partners that are retired!). But I always have time to at least read the post and stay up to date.

Thanks to both Chef's!

www.lowrance.com/en/
www.driftmaster.com
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: More stats Reply with quote

In 2010 we have some more statistics. The more time I have to screw around, the more statistics we have:

New Members: Format; Month, # of signups, # of logins, # of posters, # of dues-payers:
January: 29, 22, 9, 2
February: 15, 10, 3, 1
March: 17, 9, 2, 0
April: 14, 8, 3, 1
May: 11, 6, 0, 0
June: 23, 13, 7, 3
July: 16, 4, 1, 0
August: 22, 14, 8, 2
September: 18, 12, 3, 2
October: 12, 7, 3, 1
November: 16, 5, 2, 1
December: (so far) 5, 2, 0, 0

So that's a total of 198 signuppers, 105 sign-inners, 41 posters, and 13 dues-paid members in 2010.

-11 members' usernames start with a number
-q and x aren't represented in usernames' first letters
-29 usernames start with the word 'stripe'
-The most to sign up in one day was 11 on 11/8/08, 6 signed up on 9/1/08 and 3/31/09, and 5 signed up on 8 other days, including the second day the forum ever existed which was on 12/23/05
-7 members have over 1000 posts (not including me)
-9 members have 500-1000 posts
-22 have between 200-500 posts
-27 have 100-200
-10 of the 65 members with 100+ posts are inactive (haven't paid dues), and 1 of those has over 1000 posts but hasn't logged in since 12/2009.
-Before I enacted a spam blocking code, there were only 6-7 real users per 100 sign-ups, the rest were spambot/hackers which I had to delete (it was a REAL BATTLE). Now the ratio has nearly flipped in favor of real accounts.
-Including spam accounts, 6615 signups have occurred. 1127 Are confirmed real people.
-The most active poster who signed up in 2010 has 421 posts so far
-The most active in 2009 has 380 posts so far
-Most active in 2008 has 1404 so far
-Most active in 2007: 1086
-Most active to sign up in 2006: 1605 posts
-Most active poster from 2005 signups: 502 (not active anymore), next from 2005 is 268. I was SHOCKED by this stat.
-I have 5616 posts. Rolling Eyes Well, 5617 after I post this. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have members from 16 states
There are currently 141 active members
snapdoguga
Nah, It's Just the Bottom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep me Active the check is in the mail.... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Striper Soup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: