STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas morning thoughts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fairweatherfisherman
SOUP GURU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Christmas morning thoughts Reply with quote

Hanging around the house, waiting until it's time to go see the kids and grandkids. It will be tough to top last Christmas when we found out that this little guy was coming.

Unlike the rest of this year, I've been fishing a heck of a lot lately, but haven't recorded any stellar catches, so far. I attached the pics of the 12 and 18 I caught this week.

I also made some observations.

When the weather man says winds 5 to 10, that means they have no idea what the wind speed is likely to be.

The best hand warmer is catching a fish.

Time is elastic.

Sometimes you just can't get too shallow.

When the weather man misses the wind forecast by 15 mph, he doesn't knuckle down and really try to get it right again the next day. Just calls it 5 to 10 again.

Similar to the defective rods (bent) sometimes a planer goes bad and you can't get it to straighten out because it's fixing to go down!!

My shallow running keel-less boat is awesome for running shallow rivers, but isn't a great pleasure to pound through whitecaps and rollers (yes back to the wind again).

Glad to have spent some of this year fishing with my Seein' Stripes buddies, and that there is another week to fish before the end of the year.

SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: i'll give that an Reply with quote

AMEN
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SKIFFYA
Little Chef
Little Chef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed reading that. Thanks for sharing them. Too many of them are SOOOOOOO true!
MASSIVE MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Mike! One week left to have a Happy Last Year! Wink
LMJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Striper Soup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: