STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minn Kota 80 PD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken L
NO We don't Use a Net

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Minn Kota 80 PD Reply with quote

Minn Kota Powerdrive 80 lbs thrust 60" shaft. Has foot pedal that has never been used. Purchased in 2007. 24 volt system $500 firm 706-319-8654
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V1 or V2?
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ken L
NO We don't Use a Net

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: 80 PD Reply with quote

V1. Reason for selling, I want an ipilot, and they will only retrofit with v2 or terrova. Been running it with my copilot from my 55PD. The copilot will be going back on the 55 pd though. But it will accept the older Copilot boards.
bankwalker
2 Can-Dos
2 Can-Dos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, If you want to save some money, check out replacing the control board in your V-1. The SP board should fit and only costs about $100. This will upgrade your Minn Kota to a round plug for iPilot installation. If you cannot find one local, call Nutter Rod and Reel in White, Ga. (770) 386-3978.Tthey are Minn Kota warranty reps.
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bankwalker wrote:
Ken, If you want to save some money, check out replacing the control board in your V-1. The SP board should fit and only costs about $100. This will upgrade your Minn Kota to a round plug for iPilot installation. If you cannot find one local, call Nutter Rod and Reel in White, Ga. (770) 386-3978.Tthey are Minn Kota warranty reps.

GENIUS! Now I know what I must do....

Ken, I'm in the same situation as you. Stuck with a V1, but wanting iPilot. If it only takes a $100 board replacement to make it happen, I'm a LOT closer than I thought! Razz Razz Razz

It really sucks when your trolling motor won't record trails, spot lock via GPS, vary speed and course to counteract wind and current, etc.... Surprised Laughing Surprised Could it be that we are spoiled and the fish are losing the technology war? Rolling Eyes
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
keith shannon
Bait's Gettin' Nervous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap! I did't know the boards were interchangable. I replaced the board in my V1 last week. Being able to use the much more reliable V2 pedal is reason enough to upgrade. I'm on my 5th V1 pedal Rolling Eyes
Ken L
NO We don't Use a Net

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HMMM this is all something to think about now. Thanks for all the information guys. This is what makes the soup the soup. Still might sell it if somebody is interested. I am looking at $500 to upgrade or sell it and get a $1000 motor with Ipilot. Either way will be pulling $500 out of my pocket. Dammit, decisions, decisions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Swap 'n' Sell All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: