STRIPER SOUP Forum Index STRIPER SOUP

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which fish to target?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bstory
Movin' on Up

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Which fish to target? Reply with quote

I have a good problem, but don't know which way to go. I can fish Tenn. river nuclear plant discharge, below Wheeler dam, or deep water Smith lake. All within a hour from the house. I can get on the water at most once a week and have no locals to get fishing reports. Not looking for a big wt, just consistent fish for the kids (3 and 5). Water temps are around 56 throughout. At what temp should the fish start concentrating below the dam? I can get 4 inch gizz and some 10-14 inch shad fairly easy. What would you do?
Thanks for you input.
Brian
SeeinStripes
Striper Soup Chef
Striper Soup Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been below Wheeler, but I'd guess that would be a good bet for quantities of smaller activer Smile fish. Having said that, drifting the boils can be daunting with little ones (or anybody for that matter) due to turbulence and hang-ups. Weiss has tons of small fish which shouldn't be too far away for you given your other givens. I couldn't really help you on specifics on where to catch fish which may be what you're looking for. Be more specific on what you want to know. Cool
Georgia Forestry Commission
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jamie Townsend
Super Senior Soup Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For big fish I would fish wheeler. They will be leaving the plant with the water temp warming everywhere. If I was going for numbers I would fish smith and you still can catch a monster there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    STRIPER SOUP Forum Index -> Striper Soup All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: